Contributing to Mealie
Please Join the Discord. We are building a community of developers working on the project.
We Develop with Github
We use github to host code, to track issues and feature requests, as well as accept pull requests.
We Use Github Flow, So All Code Changes Happen Through Pull Requests
Pull requests are the best way to propose changes to the codebase (we use Github Flow). We actively welcome your pull requests:
- Fork the repo and create your branch from
- Read the page in in dev/dev-notes.md to get an idea on where the project is at.
- If you're interested on working on major changes please get in touch on discord and coordinate with other developers. No sense in doubling up on work if someones already on it.
- If you've changed APIs, update the documentation.
- Issue that pull request!
- If you make changes to the dev branch reflect those changes in the dev/dev-notes.md to keep track of changes. Don't forget to add your name/handle/identifier!
Any contributions you make will be under the MIT Software License
In short, when you submit code changes, your submissions are understood to be under the same MIT License that covers the project. Feel free to contact the maintainers if that's a concern.
Report bugs using Github's issues
We use GitHub issues to track public bugs. Report a bug by opening a new issue; it's that easy!
Write bug reports with detail, background, and sample code
Great Bug Reports tend to have:
- A quick summary and/or background
- Steps to reproduce
- Be specific!
- Give sample code if you can. This stackoverflow question includes sample code that anyone with a base R setup can run to reproduce what I was seeing
- What you expected would happen
- What actually happens
- Notes (possibly including why you think this might be happening, or stuff you tried that didn't work)
People love thorough bug reports. I'm not even kidding.
By contributing, you agree that your contributions will be licensed under its MIT License.
This document was adapted from the open-source contribution guidelines for Facebook's Draft